- June 21: Recall: 2013 Chevrolet Volt Has Voltage Problems recalls | 2 days ago
- June 20: 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Recalled Over Airbag Failures recalls | 3 days ago
- June 19: GM Recalls Vehicles With Fuel Pumps That Can Leak recalls | 4 days ago
- June 14: Chevrolet Sonic Recalled to Replace Seatbacks recalls | 9 days ago
- May 27: Recall: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500 and 3500 recalls | 27 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 14772: Sudden Loss Of Electric Power Steering
2007 Chevrolet Malibu
If power steering assist is lost, greater driver effort would be required to steer the vehicle at low speeds, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2006-2007 Chevrolet Malibu and Malibu Maxx vehicles manufactured April 1, 2006, to June 30, 2006, and 2006-2007 Pontiac G6 vehicles manufactured April 18, 2006, to June 30, 2006. In the affected vehicles, there may be a sudden loss of electric power steering (EPS) assist that could occur at any time while driving.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the torque sensor assembly, free of charge. The recall began February 24, 2015. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 or Pontiac customer service at 1-800-762-2737. GM's number for this recall is 14772. Note: This is an expansion of recall 14V-153 to cover additional vehicles built between April 1, 2006 and June 30, 2006.
- Documents (11)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Issued Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly ReportRecall - 2015-Q1
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Defect Notice 573 Report
Click a tab for more information.