1.7

2009 Chevrolet Malibu fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chevrolet Malibu:

2009 Chevrolet Malibu Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Sep 012011

Malibu 4-cyl

I have had so much trouble with the 2009 Chevy Malibu I bought it brand new no miles thinking I was going to be stress free but it has given me the most headaches ever. I have had to replace the shift gear and that my head lights have had to been replace at least once a year since I got it the headache about that is that the whole bumper has to be removed to have them replace. I also had to replace the catalytic converter. I don't think I will ever purchase another Chevy car.

- Grand Prairie , TX, USA

Sep 012014

Malibu

Strong fuel smell from under car when parked. No visual signs of gas leakage, but vapors are very strong and resulted in feeling light headed. Left car parked outside garage for the night and will take to the dealer.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jul 012014

Malibu

I have a 2009 Chevy Malibu with a gas leak. One day I parked the vehicle in the garage and started to smell fuel. I took the vehicle to a local mechanic and he detected there was a gas leak that had something to do with the fuel pump which he said would cost $400. I believe this is something that should be a recall. When I went to autozone to check pricing for a fuel pump the salesman said he had received multiple calls from customer requesting the same part. This needs to be looked into soon as possible.

- Ontario, CA, USA

Oct 012013

Malibu

The contact owns a 2009 Chevrolet Malibu. The contact stated that upon inspection, there was a strong gasoline odor inside the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a local shop where the mechanic stated that a connector above the fuel tank had to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 78,000. The current mileage was 78,822.

- Norwalk, CA, USA