- June 14: Chevrolet Sonic Recalled to Replace Seatbacks recalls | 5 days ago
- May 27: Recall: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500 and 3500 recalls | 23 days ago
- May 26: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze LS Cars For Risk of Fires recalls | 24 days ago
- May 23: Chevrolet Cruze 'Side Blind Zone Alert' Lawsuit Filed news | 27 days ago
- May 19: Fire Risk: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Savana Vans recalls | 31 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : Steering Shaft Inadequate Support Of U-Joint
2010 Chevrolet Malibu
A joint bearing that fails prematurely may cause separation of the u-joint resulting in a complete loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Dorman Products, Inc. (Dorman) is recalling certain replacement intermediate steering shafts sold under the Dorman, OE Solutions, and Solutions brand names, part numbers 425-167, 2425167, and 7-3074, for installation on 2004-2012 Chevrolet Malibu, 2005-2010 Pontiac G6, and 2007-2009 Saturn Aura vehicles. The affected steering shafts may have a yoke that inadequately supports the u-joint bearing resulting in a premature failure.
- Dorman will notify owners, and dealers will refund the purchase price or replace the steering shafts, free of charge. The recall began in September 2014. Owners may contact Dorman customer service at 1-800-523-2492.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.