- December 1: Recall: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500 and GMC Sierra 1500 recalls | 0 days ago
- November 23: GM Airbag Recall To Cover 7 Million Vehicles recalls | 8 days ago
- November 23: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Lawsuit Dismissed news | 8 days ago
- November 18: General Motors Continental Tire Recall recalls | 13 days ago
- November 17: Chevy Corvette Cracked Rims Lawsuit Dismissed news | 14 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : Steering Shaft Inadequate Support Of U-Joint
2010 Chevrolet Malibu
A joint bearing that fails prematurely may cause separation of the u-joint resulting in a complete loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash.
- Dorman Products, Inc. (Dorman) is recalling certain replacement intermediate steering shafts sold under the Dorman, OE Solutions, and Solutions brand names, part numbers 425-167, 2425167, and 7-3074, for installation on 2004-2012 Chevrolet Malibu, 2005-2010 Pontiac G6, and 2007-2009 Saturn Aura vehicles. The affected steering shafts may have a yoke that inadequately supports the u-joint bearing resulting in a premature failure.
- Dorman will notify owners, and dealers will refund the purchase price or replace the steering shafts, free of charge. The recall began in September 2014. Owners may contact Dorman customer service at 1-800-523-2492.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.