- June 13: General Motors Vehicles Recalled For Airbag Warning Lights recalls | 1 days ago
- June 2: GM Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over 'Destination Charges' news | 12 days ago
- May 30: Tesla Lawsuit Filed Over Death of Naibel Benavides Leon news | 15 days ago
- May 12: GM Class Action Lawsuit For Oil Consumption Dismissed news | 33 days ago
- May 7: GM Recalls Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse and GMC Acadia recalls | 38 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIP5216A
2012 Chevrolet Malibu
Affected Component: ENGINE (PWS)
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician about vehicles that have a knock noise, seized engine, lower end squeak or squeal from the engine. Technician will inspect the oil control solenoids for metal debris. Also inspect for damage to the cam caps Journals and camshaft journals on the heads. The check the timing chain idler sprockets for stiffness when turning. If any of these instances would be a cause to replace the engine instead of repair.
Click a tab for more information.