- June 13: General Motors Vehicles Recalled For Airbag Warning Lights recalls | 8 days ago
- June 2: GM Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over 'Destination Charges' news | 19 days ago
- May 30: Tesla Lawsuit Filed Over Death of Naibel Benavides Leon news | 22 days ago
- May 12: GM Class Action Lawsuit For Oil Consumption Dismissed news | 40 days ago
- May 7: GM Recalls Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse and GMC Acadia recalls | 45 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIP5282
2012 Chevrolet Malibu
Affected Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
- This Preliminary Information communication advises the technician about the calculation and operation of the engine oil life monitor. The monitor calculates the percent of oil life remaining, based on 3 pathways. The first pathway for oil life calculation is engine revolutions. The second pathway for oil life calculation is the mileage form the last rest for all General Motors powertrains except the Volt. The third pathway for oil life calculation is the amount of time the oil is in the engine. The Volt uses a 2 year timer instead of 1 year. It also uses the engine revolution counter. It does not use the mileage pathway to count down.
Click a tab for more information.