- June 21: Recall: 2013 Chevrolet Volt Has Voltage Problems recalls | 0 days ago
- June 20: 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Recalled Over Airbag Failures recalls | 1 days ago
- June 19: GM Recalls Vehicles With Fuel Pumps That Can Leak recalls | 2 days ago
- June 14: Chevrolet Sonic Recalled to Replace Seatbacks recalls | 7 days ago
- May 27: Recall: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500 and 3500 recalls | 25 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 13342: Power Seat Wiring Harness May Chafe And Short
2013 Chevrolet Malibu
If the harness is chaffed enough to expose the wires, a short circuit could occur, resulting unintended movement of the seat, the seat to become inoperative, sparking under the seat, flickering lights, smoke, or possibly a fire.
Electrical System — Wiring
Seats — Front Assembly — Power Adjust
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2013 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles manufactured October 25, 2011, through June 29, 2012 and equipped with the 8-way power adjustable front seat feature. The wiring harness for the power seat may contact the seat frame which may chafe the harness.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the wire harness and repair and secure it as necessary, free of charge. The recall began during December 2013. Owners may contact GM at 1-800-521-7300. GM's recall campaign number is 13342.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.