- October 17: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Sierra Over Fire Dangers recalls | 3 days ago
- October 16: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Over Child Seat Issues recalls | 4 days ago
- October 10: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Failures Lead to Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 35 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 36 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 13342: Power Seat Wiring Harness May Chafe And Short
2013 Chevrolet Malibu
If the harness is chaffed enough to expose the wires, a short circuit could occur, resulting unintended movement of the seat, the seat to become inoperative, sparking under the seat, flickering lights, smoke, or possibly a fire.
Electrical System — Wiring
Seats — Front Assembly — Power Adjust
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2013 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles manufactured October 25, 2011, through June 29, 2012 and equipped with the 8-way power adjustable front seat feature. The wiring harness for the power seat may contact the seat frame which may chafe the harness.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the wire harness and repair and secure it as necessary, free of charge. The recall began during December 2013. Owners may contact GM at 1-800-521-7300. GM's recall campaign number is 13342.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.