- March 20: GMC Sierra 3500 and Chevy Silverado 3500 Trucks Recalled recalls | 5 days ago
- March 13: GM Recalls Chevy and Cadillac Vehicles For Power Steering Problems recalls | 12 days ago
- February 16: Chevrolet Malibu Recall Issued After Airbag Inflator Ruptured recalls | 37 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 43 days ago
- January 7: GM Class-Action Lawsuit Targets CP4 Fuel Pumps news | 77 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 13342: Power Seat Wiring Harness May Chafe And Short
2013 Chevrolet Malibu
If the harness is chaffed enough to expose the wires, a short circuit could occur, resulting unintended movement of the seat, the seat to become inoperative, sparking under the seat, flickering lights, smoke, or possibly a fire.
Electrical System — Wiring
Seats — Front Assembly — Power Adjust
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2013 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles manufactured October 25, 2011, through June 29, 2012 and equipped with the 8-way power adjustable front seat feature. The wiring harness for the power seat may contact the seat frame which may chafe the harness.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the wire harness and repair and secure it as necessary, free of charge. The recall began during December 2013. Owners may contact GM at 1-800-521-7300. GM's recall campaign number is 13342.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.