- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 3 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 4 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 5 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 6 days ago
- September 8: GM Side Blind Zone Alert Lawsuit Argued in Court news | 10 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 12162: Shift Position Not Illuminating/FMVSS 102
2013 Chevrolet Malibu
If the console shift indicator does not illuminate the transmission gear selection, a driver could inadvertently select a transmission position other than the position the driver intended, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission — Gear Position Indication (Prndl)
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2013 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles manufactured April 10, 2012, to August 2, 2012. In the affected vehicles, the console transmission gear selection indicator may not illuminate the shift position selected. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 102, "Transmission Shift Position Sequence, Starter Interlock, and Transmission Braking Effect."
- GM has notified owners, and dealers will replace the transmission gear selection control module, free of charge. The recall began on April 20, 2015. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 12162.
- Documents (10)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 102
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2016-3
Click a tab for more information.