- November 6: General Motors Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 6 days ago
- October 17: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Sierra Over Fire Dangers recalls | 26 days ago
- October 16: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Over Child Seat Issues recalls | 27 days ago
- October 10: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Failures Lead to Lawsuit news | 33 days ago
- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 58 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 14128: Incorrect Brake Rotors May Be Installed
2014 Chevrolet Malibu
If a brake pad detaches from caliper, there may be a sudden reduction in braking, lengthening the distance required to stop the vehicle and increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Disc
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2014 Buick Lacrosse vehicles manufactured January 29, 2014, through March 31, 2014 and 2014 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles manufactured February 7, 2014, through March 31, 2014, and equipped with 17 inch front brake rotors. The affected vehicles may have had brake rotors intended for the rear of the car accidentally installed on the front. The rear rotors, while the same diameter, are thinner and may result in a front brake pad detaching from the caliper.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the front brake rotors, and install the correct rotors with new brake pads, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on June 20, 2014. Owners may contact General Motors customer service at 1-800-521-7300 (Buick) or 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet). GM's number for this recall is 14128.
- Documents (15)
- Defect Notice(Part 573) Supplemental - Chronology of events
- Quarterly Performance Report
- Defect Notice(Part 573)
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Stop Sale Notice
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) Stop Sale Release Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Remedy Instructions and TSB- Rev 1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q4
Click a tab for more information.