- October 17: GM Tri-Fold Soft Tonneau Cover Recall Affects 7,200 Trucks recalls | 4 days ago
- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Settlement On Hold news | 9 days ago
- October 7: Does Automatic Emergency Braking With Pedestrian Detection Work? news | 14 days ago
- October 1: Chevy Camaro Ignition Key Recall Issued Again recalls | 20 days ago
- September 22: Chevy Volt Passenger Airbag Sensor Investigation Opened investigations | 29 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 14128: Incorrect Brake Rotors May Be Installed
2014 Chevrolet Malibu
If a brake pad detaches from caliper, there may be a sudden reduction in braking, lengthening the distance required to stop the vehicle and increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Disc
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2014 Buick Lacrosse vehicles manufactured January 29, 2014, through March 31, 2014 and 2014 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles manufactured February 7, 2014, through March 31, 2014, and equipped with 17 inch front brake rotors. The affected vehicles may have had brake rotors intended for the rear of the car accidentally installed on the front. The rear rotors, while the same diameter, are thinner and may result in a front brake pad detaching from the caliper.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the front brake rotors, and install the correct rotors with new brake pads, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on June 20, 2014. Owners may contact General Motors customer service at 1-800-521-7300 (Buick) or 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet). GM's number for this recall is 14128.
- Documents (15)
- Defect Notice(Part 573) Supplemental - Chronology of events
- Quarterly Performance Report
- Defect Notice(Part 573)
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Stop Sale Notice
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) Stop Sale Release Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Remedy Instructions and TSB- Rev 1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q4
Click a tab for more information.