- December 30: Chevy Shake Class Action Says Driveshaft Is The Problem news | 19 days ago
- December 20: Chevy Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled After Fire recalls | 29 days ago
- December 19: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Cadillac CT6 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled recalls | 30 days ago
- December 17: GM Windshield Wiper Recall Investigation: 1,900 Complaints investigations | 32 days ago
- December 10: GM Fuel Pump Recall Ordered To Prevent Fires recalls | 39 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 18208: PPS Incorrectly Suppressing Air Bags
2016 Chevrolet Malibu
In the event of a crash, improper air bag deployment can increase the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Occupant Classification System - Ocs (Front Passenger)
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2016-2018 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles. During servicing, a Passenger Presence System (PPS) may have been installed that was not correctly calibrated to the vehicle's seat type. As a result, the PPS may not properly identify an adult passenger from a child passenger in the front passenger seat, potentially causing the air bag to not deploy when it should, or causing the air bag to deploy when it shouldn't.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger PPS seat service kit, free of charge. The recall began August 7, 2018. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 18208.
Click a tab for more information.