- January 10: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Affects Vortec Engines news | 5 days ago
- January 5: GM Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 10 days ago
- January 2: Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Recalled For Seat Belts recalls | 13 days ago
- January 1: Chevy Bolt Recall: Brake Calipers May Break recalls | 14 days ago
- December 25: Chevy Shake Lawsuit Dismissed in Florida Court news | 21 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 18208: PPS Incorrectly Suppressing Air Bags
2016 Chevrolet Malibu
In the event of a crash, improper air bag deployment can increase the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Sensor — Occupant Classification
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2016-2018 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles. During servicing, a Passenger Presence System (PPS) may have been installed that was not correctly calibrated to the vehicle's seat type. As a result, the PPS may not properly identify an adult passenger from a child passenger in the front passenger seat, potentially causing the air bag to not deploy when it should, or causing the air bag to deploy when it shouldn't.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger PPS seat service kit, free of charge. The recall began August 7, 2018. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 18208.
- Documents (13)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Safety Recall 18208 Passenger Seat Occupant Misclassification with Seat Service Kit
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: June 14, 2018 Subject: Upcoming Safety Recall 18208 Passenger Seat Occupant Misclassification with Seat Service Kit
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - 18208 FedEx Letter 2018 07Aug2018
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N182152700 Release Date: August 2018
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: August 3, 2018 Subject: 18208 - Safety Recall Passenger Seat Occupant Misclassification with Seat Service Kit
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-3
Click a tab for more information.