- March 20: GMC Sierra 3500 and Chevy Silverado 3500 Trucks Recalled recalls | 3 days ago
- March 13: GM Recalls Chevy and Cadillac Vehicles For Power Steering Problems recalls | 10 days ago
- February 16: Chevrolet Malibu Recall Issued After Airbag Inflator Ruptured recalls | 35 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 41 days ago
- January 7: GM Class-Action Lawsuit Targets CP4 Fuel Pumps news | 75 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 18208: PPS Incorrectly Suppressing Air Bags
2016 Chevrolet Malibu
In the event of a crash, improper air bag deployment can increase the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Occupant Classification System - Ocs (Front Passenger)
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2016-2018 Chevrolet Malibu vehicles. During servicing, a Passenger Presence System (PPS) may have been installed that was not correctly calibrated to the vehicle's seat type. As a result, the PPS may not properly identify an adult passenger from a child passenger in the front passenger seat, potentially causing the air bag to not deploy when it should, or causing the air bag to deploy when it shouldn't.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the front passenger PPS seat service kit, free of charge. The recall began August 7, 2018. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 18208.
Click a tab for more information.