- October 17: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Sierra Over Fire Dangers recalls | 3 days ago
- October 16: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Over Child Seat Issues recalls | 4 days ago
- October 10: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Failures Lead to Lawsuit news | 10 days ago
- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 35 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 36 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 16146: Insufficient Welds On Rear Side Air Bag Inflator
2017 Chevrolet Malibu
Insufficient welds could cause the inflator to separate and propel air bag debris into the cabin during a crash. Also, the inflator could fail to inflate during a crash, increasing the risk of injury.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2017 Malibu vehicles manufactured on November 10, 2016. The right-hand rear side air bag inflator manifold may have insufficient welds.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the rear side air bag modules, free of charge. The recall began on January 25, 2017. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 16146.
- Documents (12)
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N162076520 Release Date: November 2016
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: November 28, 2016 Subject: 16146 - Safety Recall Right Rear Side Air Bag
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N162076520 Release Date: January 2017 Revision: 01
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: January 27, 2017 Subject: 16146 01 – Product Safety Recall Right Rear Side Air Bag Customer Letter Added
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.