- June 20: 2019 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Recalled Over Airbag Failures recalls | 1 days ago
- June 19: GM Recalls Vehicles With Fuel Pumps That Can Leak recalls | 2 days ago
- June 14: Chevrolet Sonic Recalled to Replace Seatbacks recalls | 7 days ago
- May 27: Recall: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2500 and 3500 recalls | 25 days ago
- May 26: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze LS Cars For Risk of Fires recalls | 26 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 51230: Unexpected Loss Of High Voltage Power
2016 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid
A vehicle stall increases the risk of a crash.
Hybrid Propulsion System
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2016 Malibu Hybrid vehicles manufactured October 27, 2015, to June 3, 2016. The affected vehicles have a shut-off switch for the high voltage battery for use when servicing the vehicle. This manual service disconnect switch (MSD) may not be properly installed and thus may not lock into position, unexpectedly disconnecting the high-voltage power while driving, effectively stalling the vehicle.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the MSD and correct the installation, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on August 10, 2016. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 51230.
- Documents (15)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 27, 2016 Subject: 51230-01 – Safety Recall Manual Service Disconnect Not Seated Customer Letter Added
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: July 7, 2016 Subject: 51230 – Safety Recall Manual Service Disconnect Not Seated
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N162051230 Release Date: July 2016 Revision: 01
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N162051230 Release Date: July 2016
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) ...
- Safety Bulletin - Reference Number: N162051230 Release Date: November 2017 Revision: 02
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-3
Click a tab for more information.