- August 30: Chevy Bolt Batteries May Have Cell Problems recalls | 54 days ago
- August 29: GM Recalls Vehicles With Driveshafts That Break recalls | 55 days ago
- August 10: GM Recalls 2017 Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Trucks recalls | 74 days ago
- August 7: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit About Vortec 5300 Engines Dismissed news | 77 days ago
- August 6: Duramax Diesel Lawsuit Claims Emissions Are Illegal news | 78 days ago
2016 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid
Official recalls have been issued for the 2016 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local Chevrolet service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call Chevrolet customer service.
2016 Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid HYBRID PROPULSION SYSTEM NHTSA Campaign #16V521000
Summary: General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2016 Malibu Hybrid vehicles manufactured October 27, 2015, to June 3, 2016. The affected vehicles have a shut-off switch for the high voltage battery for use when servicing the vehicle. This manual service disconnect switch (MSD) may not be properly installed and thus may not lock into position, unexpectedly disconnecting the high-voltage power while driving, effectively stalling the vehicle.
Consequence: A vehicle stall increases the risk of a crash.
Actions: GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the MSD and correct the installation, as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on August 10, 2016. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 51230. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V521000 »