- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 9 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 10 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 11 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 12 days ago
- September 8: GM Side Blind Zone Alert Lawsuit Argued in Court news | 16 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : GM/Steering Gear/Frame Bolts
1999 Chevrolet Silverado
If this condition is ignored, the steering gear to frame can wear and/or fatigue the attaching bolts to the point of breakage or the bolts backing out. If all the bolts break or back out, the steering gear would separate from the frame resulting in a loss of steering control.
Steering — Gear Box (Other Than Rack And Pinion)
- Vehicle description: Extended cab 4-wheel drive pickup trucks. Some of these vehicles have a lower than specified torque on all three of the steering gear to frame attachment bolts. The bolts can loosen over time allowing the steering gear to move. This loosening can result in some unresponsive steering feel and some noise to the driver.
- Dealers will retorque the steering gear to frame bolts to proper specifications.
Click a tab for more information.