- June 2: GM Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over 'Destination Charges' news | 9 days ago
- May 30: Tesla Lawsuit Filed Over Death of Naibel Benavides Leon news | 12 days ago
- May 12: GM Class Action Lawsuit For Oil Consumption Dismissed news | 30 days ago
- May 7: GM Recalls Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse and GMC Acadia recalls | 35 days ago
- April 25: GM Recalls Chevy Silverado 1500, Tahoe and GMC Sierra 1500 recalls | 47 days ago
2009 Chevrolet Silverado
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Silverado has no defect trends, which is a very good sign now that it's more than a few years old.
A couple model years back, the 2007 Silverado has an oil consumption defect at low mileage (~50k miles) — so far there's only a very few reports of the same problem with the 2009 Silverado.
The 2009 Silverado received poor side impact ratings on models not equipped with the optional side air bags.
Worst 2009 Chevrolet Silverado Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems61NHTSA complaints: 18
- interior accessories problems21
- electrical problems9NHTSA complaints: 16
- exterior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 3
- AC / heater problems4
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 11
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 14
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 2
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- transmission problems2
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Silverado Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Silverado compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Silverado overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Silverado.