- September 20: GM Lawsuit Alleges Chevy Silverado Roof is Dangerous news | 8 days ago
- August 29: Corvette Cracked Wheels Class Action Lawsuit Continues news | 30 days ago
- August 18: GM Recalls 514,000 Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles recalls | 41 days ago
- August 3: GM Flex Fuel Class Action Lawsuit Filed in Illinois news | 56 days ago
2009 Chevrolet Silverado
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Silverado has no defect trends, which is a very good sign now that it's more than a few years old.
A couple model years back, the 2007 Silverado has an oil consumption defect at low mileage (~50k miles) — so far there's only a very few reports of the same problem with the 2009 Silverado.
The 2009 Silverado received poor side impact ratings on models not equipped with the optional side air bags.
2009 Chevrolet Silverado Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Excessive Oil Consumption45
- Blown Engine4
- Engine Knocks4
- Check Engine Light Comes On3
- #1 Cylinder Dead Lifter Stuck1
- Car Lurches Forward When Braking1
- Engine Bearing Noise1
- Engine Light Didn't Come On When Oil Was Down 4 Quarts1
- Engine Misfire, Bucks, Shuts Off1
- Mass Air Flow Sensor Faulty1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Silverado Model Years
Curious how the 2009 Silverado compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Silverado overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Silverado.