- February 23: Chevy Bolt Class Action Lawsuit Filed Over Range news | 5 days ago
- February 9: GM Takata Airbag Recall Includes 6 Million Vehicles recalls | 19 days ago
- January 27: Chevy Camaro Airbag Recall Needed, Alleges Lawsuit news | 32 days ago
- January 10: GM 5.3L Oil Consumption Lawsuit Affects Vortec Engines news | 49 days ago
- January 5: GM Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 54 days ago
Excessive Oil Consumption
2009 Chevrolet Silverado (Page 1 of 3)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009 Silverado has no defect trends, which is a very good sign now that it's more than a few years old.
A couple model years back, the 2007 Silverado has an oil consumption defect at low mileage (~50k miles) — so far there's only a very few reports of the same problem with the 2009 Silverado.
The 2009 Silverado received poor side impact ratings on models not equipped with the optional side air bags.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 75,900 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 45 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (35 reports)
- chevy recall 1/17/2012 (6 reports)
- pistons need to be replaced (2 reports)
- new engine (1 reports)
- replace afm lifters & turn off afm (1 reports)