- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 1 days ago
- November 27: GM CP4 Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Pumps 'Explode' news | 15 days ago
- November 23: GM Hard Brake Pedals and Vacuum Pumps Investigated investigations | 19 days ago
- November 6: General Motors Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 36 days ago
- October 17: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Sierra Over Fire Dangers recalls | 56 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 02029: GM/Air Bag Sensing Module
2000 Chevrolet Silverado
In a vehicle crash, front seat occupants may receive more severe injuries.
Air Bags — Frontal — Sensor/Control Module
- On certain pickup and utility trucks, some of these vehicles have an air bag sensing diagnostic module (SDM) which contains an anomaly that could result in the driver and passenger's air bag failing to deploy during certain frontal crashes.
- Dealers will recalibrate the SDM on the affected vehicles. Owner notification began August 28, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact Chevrolet at 1-800-222-1020 or GMC at 1-800-462-8782.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.