- May 13: Chevrolet Caprice Police Pursuit and SS Cars Recalled recalls | 22 days ago
- April 28: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Blames Piston Rings news | 37 days ago
- April 27: GM Transmission Lawsuit Doesn't Hold Up, Says Automaker news | 38 days ago
- April 21: GM Hard Tri-Fold Bed Cover Recall: Take 2 recalls | 44 days ago
- April 20: Corvette Cracked Wheels Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 45 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 00093: GM/Brake Line Chaffing
2000 Chevrolet Silverado
During braking, the pedal will be lower than normal and stopping distances will be longer. If this occurs when stopping distance is limited, a crash could occur.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- Vehicle description: Light duty pickup trucks and sport utility vehicles. Some of these vehicles have a clearance condition between the front right-hand brake pipe and the body cross sill that could decrease to the point of allowing contact during the life of the vehicle. If contact occurs and the brake pipe becomes damaged, in half of the brake system there can be a loss of brake fluid and pressure. The brake warning lamp will be activated when the brake fluid level reaches the indicator limit.
- Dealers will inspect the front right-hand brake pipe for wear. If there are signs of wear, this section of the brake pipe will be replaced with a new designed brake pipe section. If there are not signs of wear on the brake pipe, the dealer will install a spacer clip to ensure sufficient clearance between the brake pipe and the body cross sill.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.