- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 21 days ago
- June 21: GM Hard Brake Pedals Investigated in Canada and U.S. investigations | 25 days ago
- June 20: GM 8-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
- June 19: GM Truck Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 27 days ago
- June 19: Chevy Shake Class Action Lawsuit Is 'Overreach,' Argues GM news | 27 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 12261: Driver Side Frontal Airbag May Not Deploy
2012 Chevrolet Sonic
If the bar and terminals are contacting each other at the time of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal airbag, that airbag will not deploy, increasing the driver's risk of injury.
- General Motors is recalling certain model year 2012 Buick Verano, Chevrolet Cruze, and Chevrolet Sonic vehicles. The driver side frontal air bag has a shorting bar which may intermittently contact the air bag terminals.
- General Motors will notify owners, and dealers will replace the steering wheel airbag coil, free of charge. The safety recall began on January 11, 2013. Owners may contact General Motors at 1-800-521-7300.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.