- October 17: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Sierra Over Fire Dangers recalls | 6 days ago
- October 16: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Over Child Seat Issues recalls | 7 days ago
- October 10: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Failures Lead to Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 38 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 39 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 12261: Driver Side Frontal Airbag May Not Deploy
2012 Chevrolet Sonic
If the bar and terminals are contacting each other at the time of a crash necessitating deployment of the driver's frontal airbag, that airbag will not deploy, increasing the driver's risk of injury.
- General Motors is recalling certain model year 2012 Buick Verano, Chevrolet Cruze, and Chevrolet Sonic vehicles. The driver side frontal air bag has a shorting bar which may intermittently contact the air bag terminals.
- General Motors will notify owners, and dealers will replace the steering wheel airbag coil, free of charge. The safety recall began on January 11, 2013. Owners may contact General Motors at 1-800-521-7300.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.