- April 16: Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Issues Debated In Court news | 7 days ago
- April 13: Chevy Bolt Propulsion Power Reduced Due to Battery Cells: GM news | 10 days ago
- April 7: 'Vehicle Services Department' of Plano, Texas, Sued by Minnesota news | 16 days ago
- March 26: Injured Cop Sues Dealership For Not Reporting Stolen SUV news | 28 days ago
- March 15: Chevy and GMC Air Conditioning Problems Target of Lawsuit news | 39 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 14537: Driver's Frontal Air Bag May Not Deploy Properly
2014 Chevrolet Sonic
If only the first-stage of the driver's frontal air bag deploys without the additional second-stage, the driver has an increased risk of injury during a crash.
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2014 Chevrolet Sonic vehicles manufactured July 28, 2014, to August 1, 2014. Due to a loss of electrical connection in the steering column, in the event of a severe crash, the driver's frontal air bag deployment may be limited to the first-stage deployment only instead of the intended first-stage and second-stage deployments.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will test the terminals in the IP harness clock spring coil connector and replace any loose terminals, free of charge. The recall began in October 2014. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 14537.
- Documents (10)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
- Other Recall Related Documents - MEMO TO FILE
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice(Part 573)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Issued Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
Click a tab for more information.