- April 16: Chevrolet Equinox Oil Consumption Issues Debated In Court news | 3 days ago
- April 13: Chevy Bolt Propulsion Power Reduced Due to Battery Cells: GM news | 6 days ago
- April 7: 'Vehicle Services Department' of Plano, Texas, Sued by Minnesota news | 12 days ago
- March 26: Injured Cop Sues Dealership For Not Reporting Stolen SUV news | 24 days ago
- March 15: Chevy and GMC Air Conditioning Problems Target of Lawsuit news | 35 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : Firestone/Tread Separation
2000 Chevrolet Suburban
Tread belt separation may be noticed by irregular wear, noise, or vibration. With continued use, it may lead to complete separation of the tread/belt package from the tire carcass, possibly resulting in a vehicle crash, personal injury, or death.
Tires — Tread/Belt
- Tire description: Wilderness le tires (both black and raised white letter tires) produced during the week of April 24, 2000 (the seventeenth week of 2000) at the cuernavaca, Mexico plant with tire serial numbers V672wl11700 (blackwall) and V672wl21700 (raised white letters). These tires were used as original equipment on model year 2000 Yukon XL 1500 series vehicles and were also offered as optional equipment on the 2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 series vehicles. Tread separation can occur due to a lack of adhesion to the first steel belt.
- On January 2, 2001, Firestone made a public announcement of the defect and that replacement tires are immediately available at no cost to the customer. Replacement tires are available at either their local GM or Chevrolet dealer or by their local authorized participating Firestone retailer. Owner notification began January 1, 2001. Owners should contact Firestone at 1-800-465-1904.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.