- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 7 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 8 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 9 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 10 days ago
- September 8: GM Side Blind Zone Alert Lawsuit Argued in Court news | 14 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : Firestone/Tread Separation
2000 Chevrolet Suburban
Tread belt separation may be noticed by irregular wear, noise, or vibration. With continued use, it may lead to complete separation of the tread/belt package from the tire carcass, possibly resulting in a vehicle crash, personal injury, or death.
Tires — Tread/Belt
- Tire description: Wilderness le tires (both black and raised white letter tires) produced during the week of April 24, 2000 (the seventeenth week of 2000) at the cuernavaca, Mexico plant with tire serial numbers V672wl11700 (blackwall) and V672wl21700 (raised white letters). These tires were used as original equipment on model year 2000 Yukon XL 1500 series vehicles and were also offered as optional equipment on the 2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 series vehicles. Tread separation can occur due to a lack of adhesion to the first steel belt.
- On January 2, 2001, Firestone made a public announcement of the defect and that replacement tires are immediately available at no cost to the customer. Replacement tires are available at either their local GM or Chevrolet dealer or by their local authorized participating Firestone retailer. Owner notification began January 1, 2001. Owners should contact Firestone at 1-800-465-1904.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.