- December 12: GM Air Conditioning Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 1 days ago
- November 16: GM Recalls Chevy Silverado 3500 and GMC Sierra 3500 recalls | 27 days ago
- October 30: GM Recalls GMC Canyon, Chevy Colorado and Chevy Volt recalls | 44 days ago
2007 Chevrolet Suburban
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Engines shouldn't need a new quart of oil every 500-1000 miles, but for thousands of Suburban owners that's exactly what's happening. Engine oil consumption on aluminum block engines with Active Fuel Management (AFM) is out of control and owners are left looking for answers.
The most likely culprit is an uncovered AFM valve which, in many cases, can be covered under warranty. The problem is the issues don't stop there and many owners have been told by GM just to buy a new engine. Take one guess who they want to pick up the tab.
Worst 2007 Suburban Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems218NHTSA complaints: 41
- interior accessories problems46NHTSA complaints: 14
- electrical problems21NHTSA complaints: 34
- transmission problems15NHTSA complaints: 9
- windows / windshield problems11NHTSA complaints: 3
- exterior accessories problems9NHTSA complaints: 22
- fuel system problems6NHTSA complaints: 12
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 18
- AC / heater problems3NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 60
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 59
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 27
- steering problemsNHTSA: 4
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Suburban Model Years
Curious how the 2007 Suburban compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Suburban overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Suburban.