- August 18: GM Hydra-Matic Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 4 days ago
- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 58 days ago
- June 21: GM Hard Brake Pedals Investigated in Canada and U.S. investigations | 62 days ago
- June 20: GM 8-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 63 days ago
- June 19: GM Truck Transmission Lawsuit Partly Dismissed news | 64 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : GM/Fuel:Throttle Linkages And Control
1996 Chevrolet Tahoe
Consequence of non-compliance: The engine speed may not return to idle increasing the potential for a vehicle accident.
Vehicle Speed Control
- These vehicles were assembled with the throttle cable contacting the dash mat which could bind the throttle. This does not meet with the maximum return times required by Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 124, "accelerator control systems."
- Dealers will inspect for adequate throttle cable to dash mat clearance, and if there is insufficient clearance, cut out a portion of the dash mat to provide proper clearance.
Click a tab for more information.