- July 31: Model year 2021 Chevrolet Trailblazers Recalled recalls | 8 days ago
- July 14: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 25 days ago
- July 7: Chevrolet Cobalt and HHR Fuel Leaks Investigated investigations | 32 days ago
- June 29: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Certified as Class Action news | 40 days ago
- June 26: Investigation: Chevy Equinox and GMC Terrain Steering investigations | 43 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : GM/Fuel:Throttle Linkages And Control
1996 Chevrolet Tahoe
Consequence of non-compliance: The engine speed may not return to idle increasing the potential for a vehicle accident.
Vehicle Speed Control
- These vehicles were assembled with the throttle cable contacting the dash mat which could bind the throttle. This does not meet with the maximum return times required by Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 124, "accelerator control systems."
- Dealers will inspect for adequate throttle cable to dash mat clearance, and if there is insufficient clearance, cut out a portion of the dash mat to provide proper clearance.
Click a tab for more information.