- October 17: GM Recalls Chevy Express and GMC Sierra Over Fire Dangers recalls | 5 days ago
- October 16: GM Recalls Cadillac, Chevy and GMC Vehicles Over Child Seat Issues recalls | 6 days ago
- October 10: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Failures Lead to Lawsuit news | 12 days ago
- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 37 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 38 days ago
Chevrolet Recall : Battery Equalizers Or DC-DC Converters:Fire Risk
2006 Chevrolet Tahoe
Once electrically conductive, the material is capable of melting and burning, increasing the risk of a fire.
- Monroe Truck Equipment (Monroe) is recalling certain model year 2006, 2008 and 2009 Chevrolet C7500 vehicles, 2005-2006 Chevrolet Tahoe vehicles, and 2009 Ford F-350, and F-450 vehicles, equipped with Sure Power-brand battery equalizers or DC-DC converters containing a particular epoxy sealing, aka 'potting', compound. The specific potting compound used in the subject products for insulation was found to be capable of conducting electricity after being exposed to heat.
- Monroe will notify owners, and Sure Power will replace the equalizers or converters, free of charge. The recall began on March 24, 2014. Owners may contact Monroe at 1-608-328-8127.
- Documents (11)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Quarterly Performance Report
- Other Recall Related Documents
- Defect Notice(Part 573)
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2014-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3 (2014-Q2 amended)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q1
Click a tab for more information.