- July 31: Model year 2021 Chevrolet Trailblazers Recalled recalls | 8 days ago
- July 14: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 25 days ago
- July 7: Chevrolet Cobalt and HHR Fuel Leaks Investigated investigations | 32 days ago
- June 29: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Certified as Class Action news | 40 days ago
- June 26: Investigation: Chevy Equinox and GMC Terrain Steering investigations | 43 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIP4765A
2011 Chevrolet Tahoe
Affected Component: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION:CONTROL MODULE (TCM, PCM)
- This Preliminary Information communication provides information to the technician on the steps to diagnose and repair vehicles that may have Service Engine Soon Malfunction Indicator Lamp on and a constant engine misfire. If Service Information diagnosis isolates no compression on the misfiring cylinder(s) with 100% leakage into the crankcase, perform the following steps as necessary before disassembling the engine. Technician will use a lighted bore scope if available to inspect the top of the related piston(s) through the spark plug hole to determine if any of the pistons are melted. If damaged piston(s) are found inspect for aftermarket parts. Also use the latest version of 09-06-04-026 to verify if there are aftermarket calibrations in the Engine Control Module. Take photos and document accordingly if anything is found.
Click a tab for more information.