- July 31: Model year 2021 Chevrolet Trailblazers Recalled recalls | 3 days ago
- July 14: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 20 days ago
- July 7: Chevrolet Cobalt and HHR Fuel Leaks Investigated investigations | 27 days ago
- June 29: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Certified as Class Action news | 35 days ago
- June 26: Investigation: Chevy Equinox and GMC Terrain Steering investigations | 38 days ago
Chevrolet TSB #PIP5282
2011 Chevrolet Tahoe
Affected Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
- This Preliminary Information communication advises the technician about the calculation and operation of the engine oil life monitor. The monitor calculates the percent of oil life remaining, based on 3 pathways. The first pathway for oil life calculation is engine revolutions. The second pathway for oil life calculation is the mileage form the last rest for all General Motors powertrains except the Volt. The third pathway for oil life calculation is the amount of time the oil is in the engine. The Volt uses a 2 year timer instead of 1 year. It also uses the engine revolution counter. It does not use the mileage pathway to count down.
Click a tab for more information.