- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Settlement On Hold news | 2 days ago
- October 7: Does Automatic Emergency Braking With Pedestrian Detection Work? news | 7 days ago
- October 1: Chevy Camaro Ignition Key Recall Issued Again recalls | 13 days ago
- September 22: Chevy Volt Passenger Airbag Sensor Investigation Opened investigations | 22 days ago
- September 20: Chevrolet Trax Recall Issued For Separated Lower Control Arms recalls | 24 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 18156: Driver's Seat Belt Tensioner Cable May Separate
2015 Chevrolet Tahoe
If the pretensioner cable becomes fatigued or breaks, the driver may not be properly restrained in the event of a crash, increasing their risk of injury.
Seat Belts — Front
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2015-2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and Tahoe Police Pursuit and Special-Service vehicles. The flexible steel cable connecting the driver's seat belt to the outboard side of the seat may be repeatedly bent over the seat side shield as the driver enters and exits the vehicle causing the cable to fatigue and separate.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the pretensioner cable and seat side-shield, free of charge. The recall began June 19, 2018. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 18156.
Click a tab for more information.