- March 20: GMC Sierra 3500 and Chevy Silverado 3500 Trucks Recalled recalls | 2 days ago
- March 13: GM Recalls Chevy and Cadillac Vehicles For Power Steering Problems recalls | 9 days ago
- February 16: Chevrolet Malibu Recall Issued After Airbag Inflator Ruptured recalls | 34 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 40 days ago
- January 7: GM Class-Action Lawsuit Targets CP4 Fuel Pumps news | 74 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 18156: Driver's Seat Belt Tensioner Cable May Separate
2015 Chevrolet Tahoe
If the pretensioner cable becomes fatigued or breaks, the driver may not be properly restrained in the event of a crash, increasing their risk of injury.
Seat Belts — Front
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2015-2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and Tahoe Police Pursuit and Special-Service vehicles. The flexible steel cable connecting the driver's seat belt to the outboard side of the seat may be repeatedly bent over the seat side shield as the driver enters and exits the vehicle causing the cable to fatigue and separate.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the pretensioner cable and seat side-shield, free of charge. The recall began June 19, 2018. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 18156.
Click a tab for more information.