- May 12: GM Class Action Lawsuit For Oil Consumption Dismissed news | 1 days ago
- May 7: GM Recalls Buick Enclave, Chevrolet Traverse and GMC Acadia recalls | 6 days ago
- April 25: GM Recalls Chevy Silverado 1500, Tahoe and GMC Sierra 1500 recalls | 18 days ago
- April 13: GM Airbag Investigation Launched After Injuries investigations | 30 days ago
- April 8: Chevy Colorados and GMC Canyons Recalled recalls | 35 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 18289: Temporary Loss Of Electric Power Steering (EPS)
2015 Chevrolet Tahoe
If EPS assist is lost and then suddenly returns, the driver may have difficulty steering the vehicle, especially at low speeds, increasing the risk of a crash.
Steering — Electric Power Assist System
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Tahoe and Suburban, GMC Sierra 1500 and Yukon, and Cadillac Escalade vehicles. Electric power steering (EPS) assist may be lost momentarily, followed by a sudden return of EPS assist.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will update the EPS module software, free of charge. The recall began October 12, 2018. Owners may contact Cadillac customer service at 1-800-458-8006, Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020 and GMC customer service at 1-800-462-8782. GM's number for this recall is 18289.
- Documents (13)
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-4
- Safety Bulletin
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: September 7, 2018 Subject: 18289 - Safety Recall Loss of Steering Assist
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Safety Recall 18289 Loss of Steering Assist
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-3
Click a tab for more information.