- December 30: Chevy Shake Class Action Says Driveshaft Is The Problem news | 22 days ago
- December 20: Chevy Silverado 1500 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled After Fire recalls | 32 days ago
- December 19: Chevrolet Silverado 1500, Cadillac CT6 and GMC Sierra 1500 Recalled recalls | 33 days ago
- December 17: GM Windshield Wiper Recall Investigation: 1,900 Complaints investigations | 35 days ago
- December 10: GM Fuel Pump Recall Ordered To Prevent Fires recalls | 42 days ago
Chevrolet Recall 18156: Driver's Seat Belt Tensioner Cable May Separate
2016 Chevrolet Tahoe
If the pretensioner cable becomes fatigued or breaks, the driver may not be properly restrained in the event of a crash, increasing their risk of injury.
Seat Belts — Front
- General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain 2015-2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 and Tahoe Police Pursuit and Special-Service vehicles. The flexible steel cable connecting the driver's seat belt to the outboard side of the seat may be repeatedly bent over the seat side shield as the driver enters and exits the vehicle causing the cable to fatigue and separate.
- GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the pretensioner cable and seat side-shield, free of charge. The recall began June 19, 2018. Owners may contact Chevrolet customer service at 1-800-222-1020. GM's number for this recall is 18156.
Click a tab for more information.