- December 10: GM Fuel Pump Recall Ordered To Prevent Fires recalls | 4 days ago
- December 9: Chevrolet SS Power Steering Recall Issued a 2nd Time recalls | 5 days ago
- November 21: GM Seat Belt Pretensioner Fires Cause Truck Recall recalls | 23 days ago
- November 18: Chevrolet Equinox SUVs Recalled For Brake Caliper Problems recalls | 26 days ago
- November 10: GM Oil Consumption Settlement Finalized news | 34 days ago
Instrument Panel Malfunctioning
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer (Page 1 of 6)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 76,450 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 120 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace instrument panel cluster (57 reports)
- not sure (53 reports)
- replace or use a gps to show speed (3 reports)
- replace steppers on indicators (3 reports)
- change clusters on dash (1 reports)
- complaint #46 - resetting system (1 reports)
accessories - interior problem