- October 10: GM Brake Vacuum Pump Failures Lead to Lawsuit news | 5 days ago
- September 15: GM Recalls Vehicles 2nd Time For Loose Brake Pedals recalls | 30 days ago
- September 14: Chevy Equinox Ecotec Engine Lawsuit Filed Over Oil Consumption news | 31 days ago
- September 13: GM Recalls 1 Million Trucks and SUVs For Power Steering Problems recalls | 32 days ago
- September 12: GM Recalls 230,000 Vehicles For Brake Caliper Pistons recalls | 33 days ago
NHTSA — Fuel/Propulsion System Problems
2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer (Page 2 of 5)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2002-2007 Chevrolet Trailblazer is known for many things, but perhaps it is most famous for its faulty fuel gauge.
This gauge flip-flops more than a politician during election season. Some report that the gauge says "empty" after a fill-up, while others report the gauge says "full" when they're running on fumes. Either way, there's one thing everyone seems to agree on: the darn thing is just wrong.
Following hundreds of complaints and a few accidents allegedly caused by the malfunction, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) opened an investigation into the issue in May 2011. Unfortunately for frustrated owners, no recall has been announced.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 1
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 78,347 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
fuel system problem