- March 26: Chevrolet Impala StabiliTrak Lawsuit Dismissed news | 4 days ago
- March 23: GM Brake Booster Lawsuit Caused By Brake Failures news | 7 days ago
- March 19: Chevy and GMC Truck Hoods May Open While Driving recalls | 11 days ago
- March 13: GM Brake Caliper Bolts May Break in 22,000 Trucks recalls | 17 days ago
- March 11: Man Sues GM After Silverado Seat Heater Burned Him news | 19 days ago
Chevrolet Defect Investigation DP10001: Fuel Level Gauge System Failure
2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer
Fuel Level Gauge System Failure
Fuel System, Other
Fuel System, Other:Storage:Fuel Gauge System
- The Office of Defects Investigation has received 668 complaints alleging inaccurate fuel gauge reading while driving in model year 2005-07 Chevrolet Trailblazer, GMC Envoy, Buick Rainier, and Saab 9-7x vehicles.Of the 668 complaints, 58 incidents were alleged to result in a vehicle stall.Of the 58 stalling incidents, 43 complaints reported stalling because the fuel level reading indicated more fuel availability than what is actually in the fuel tank. One complaint alleged a vehicle crash after the vehicle stalled while exiting the interstate, became disabled, and was struck from behind.Summarily, the complaints show an apparent increasing trend, with most complaints received within the past year.A Preliminary Evaluation has been opened to assess the scope, frequency and potential safety consequences associated with the alleged defect.
- Documents (3)
Click a tab for more information.