2017 Chevrolet Volt electrical problems: loss of electrical power while driving

Loss Of Electrical Power While Driving

2017 Chevrolet Volt

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

1. high voltage fuse (1 reports)
2017 Chevrolet Volt electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2017 Chevrolet Volt:

2017 Chevrolet Volt Owner Comments

Jul 262016

Volt LT Gen2

2017 Volt LT complete loss of electrical power while on he road. 6 days after purchase the brakes did not work, the steering did not work. The car was rolling down the road I was not able to engage the brakes or steer. I pushed the power button while pressing the brake pedal a few times until the dashboard lights came back on and the brakes engaged but the car did not start. There was a smell of burnt electronics outside of the car near the charging port. Onstar sent a tow truck. I had the car towed to the dealer the next day. I was told that it was a manufacturer defect on the high voltage fuse attached to the lithium battery, It's been in the shop for over 2 weeks waiting for replacement parts to be shipped from the manufacturer.

This is a fatal flaw in the design of the car and should be recalled. The manufacturer said I would have to take up with the dealer. The dealer states that it would be too expensive to buy the car back and provide me with a new one free of defects there is too much paperwork involved. I filed a complaint with the attorney general, they have initiated an investigation.

- mjwolf, Aurora, IL, US