CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 Chrysler 200 carries the torch of "never buy the 1st year of a new vehicle generation" with pride.

The 2015 model year is the first year of the Chrysler 200's 2nd generation. It has been plagued by problems from the start. Transmission failure at extremely low mileage, many recalls, problems stalling while driving... the list goes on. Maybe Chrysler should have stuck with the 1st generation.

2015 Chrysler 200 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Dec 202018

200

South shore dealer in inwood NY performed a recall S55 but problem still exists car drops into neutral while driving, wanted a second opinion at garden city dealer they wouldnt even look at it to do a diagnosis to see if recall was actually done. All I want is the recall done and done properly

- Hewlett, NY, USA

Jun 142019

200

My transmission is telling me ¿performance shifting unavailable¿ shifting gears on own

- Dearborn, MI, USA

Jun 082019

200

First problem: The car stalls and/or dies while driving. It did this while my daughter was driving and she had to pull over on the highway. I managed to get it started and drive it home but it would not go over 25 mph. The check engine light, the electronic throttle control light, and the traction control light (?) were all on. Second problem: There is a message to service airbag system comes on. I did some research and found other people wit the same problem. On the yellow wire box under the passenger seat, there was a black latch (?) that clicked when I squeezed. The message went away.

- Burleson, TX, USA

Apr 162019

200

Vehicle looses power while driving; both on the interstate and country roads. Turns itself off. Transmission freezes between 4th and 6th gears. And won't shift, causing loss of power.

- Bee Branch, AR, USA

Dec 222018

200

12/20/18 car won't start, used 3 newly model vehicles to jump still nothing. Basic mechanical work was preformed still nothing. Car accelerates but no physical mobility, I can drive vehicle with all doors open this model doesn't allow that because of a safety sensor. Car has over 13 codes you tube shows more.

- Chicago, IL, USA

May 112016

200

My vehicle jerks when first starting off, engine on and airbag light been on over a year when I first purchase this vehicle they had to shampoo driver seat. After 2 or 3 months I took car for oil change and report the car jerking sometimes when taking off the mechanic took me I didn't need an oil change, and the car jerking was because it was new..so I believe him. They changed my oil for a year and randomly I told them it still jerk..it would jerk in the city on my job and on interstate.

- Ashdown, AR, USA

Nov 072018

200

My airbag light comes on and off, most of the time it stays on though. Also, the car will die after driving and will stall while driving. It also appears that there are some sort of electrical issues with the car and the gears shift strange, sometimes throwing me forward while driving.

- Auburn, KS, USA

Mar 182019

200

Turned car on and began to drive then car just turns off had to put in park and restart it doesn¿T just turn right back on it makes the sound as though it's try to catch then it turns on I drive a second or two then turns off again repeat what I already did then it finally turns on this has happened the first week I bought the car and 1 year 3 months later it has done the same thing 3 more times in a row three days in a row. I was leaving my home to work on waverunner in convers Texas 78109. This happened as I was driving straight ahead then while turning onto stree oh grey canyon, then onto 1604 highway

- Converse, TX, USA

Dec 262018

200

The car stalls and shuts off any time the gas tank is filled up. The type of gas does not prevent the situation. The only way to avoid the issue is to not fill the tank completely. It doesn't happen right away 100% of the time. It's happened after I've pulled away from the gas pump and reentered the highway. When this happens, I have to place vehicle in park and restart it. Again this is 100% of the time when I fill my gas tank. Today, I was almost hit by oncoming traffic when my car stalled. I"M very afraid. I'm using today's date but this has been a reoccurring problem.

- Arlington, VA, USA

Dec 032018

200

I can be driving it down the road it will shut it’'s self off. Will not start for about 15 to 20 minutes. This happend last night and when it did I was rear ended. When it does this the breaks lock up no matter how hard U push on them they won’T budge. Also it will try to start but the engine cranks at a really low speed but after awhile takes off. Also if you let it warm up it runs jus fine sometimes. Had it put on machine was told it was a map sensor replaced it and still got the same problem. Changed battery in key fob and car battery and still doing the same thing. Seen numerous people on here having the same issue. After replacing all that took to put back on a machine and was told I can’T help you cause it’'s not throwing any codes what do I do I got a car that I still owe almost 14,000 dollars on that is unsafe to be driving. The car does this when it’'s being driven can let set for hours and stays running but I can’T even make it 3 blocks without it dying and not starting back up for awhile. It’'s pathetic as for the date at the bottom that says when did this happen I’ll put it like this it happens every time I try to go anywhere it should be recalled and properly fixed.

- Mcarthur, OH, USA

Oct 172018

200

The car stalls while driving, when coming to a stop or when sitting still, it does not seem to do it after the vehicle warms up, also when it stalls it is does not want to start right away. Sometimes taking several attempts to get it started. It started mid October and has been happening since.

- Redlands, CA, USA

Jul 232018

200

Vechile showed no warning of over heating remind U this is almost the luxury model 200S.. also emission always comes up with check engine even when I change gas.. also fuel cap isn¿T always a tight fit even threw mopar pops up as cap loose! have a terrible suspension problem being a sports model with 19inch stock rims very pour design on lower control arm bushings and struts!

- Haines City, FL, USA

Feb 212018

200

At low speeds carhas and very strong powerful, jerk thatcan injure and persons neck.also when aproaching and offramp, toget on it staulces out, this most of time itook it and dealer and they put and scanner on it then they said they upgradedthe computer, it lasted for 3 days.now its back worst then before.02

- Ft.Washington, MD, USA

Jul 282018

200

It has been shutting off during driving, and also reads codes of gas cap, but I thinks a sensor and also transmission sensors, does not want to start, says key fob not detected, and wipers do not go fast at all

- Port Charlotte, FL, USA

Jan 292018

200

Airbag warning continues to come & on was on when I first the car. Electrical power for windows dim lighting and oil lift isn't firing correctly. All of this happens while thevehicle is in motion.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Oct 212017

200

The transmission sensor clusters may have insufficient crimps in the transmission wire harness, and as a result, the transmission may unexpectedly shift to neutral. The car is shaking right after I refilled the gas to full. I have been to the dealer to have the same problem fixed over 5 times. However, the same problem occured the next day after I was told the problem was fixed. I was driving the vehicle on the high way. All of a sudden, the transmission broke down and the car lost its power.

- Valdosta, GA, USA

May 252017

200

I was driving to work one morning and my check engine light came on. So I waited a few days and took it to collierville Chrysler service department on May 30,2017, this is what was done. "cel: Drivability/ check engine light perform dtc inspection, smoke test, tightened gas cap and ran pressure test, passed" and I was good to go. Then in September the check engine light an gas cap light can on again so I went back to the collierville Chrysler service department on 9-12-2017, they did the same check as above except they said I needed to replace the gas cap so I paid for a new gas cap. Then 2 days later the same thing happen again so I called them and got the run around. So after riding around with the lights on for weeks I decided to go back on 10-09-2017 to see if they get this resolved. Collierville Chrysler service department took the car and said they fixed the problem. Then 2 days later it happen again the gas cap light and check engine light. It must be a problem with the car. I don't know what to do. My car was always in motion every time the check engine light/ gas cap light came onw.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Jul 072017

200

Car hesitates while driving. You can feel it hard shift in 5th gear. Check engine light comes randomly on showing code for a mis-fire in cylinder 5. took to dealership and had fixed (supposedly) and not covered by warranty. Car still continues to misfire and surge in 5th gear. Had mechanic change out all spark plugs but the computer still reads misfire. Every other gear seems fine. Car idles rough while stopped and if you let foot off the brake it shakes like its going to fall to pieces. I've owned the car for just over a year and its spent more time in the shop or sitting than I've been able to drive.

- Calhoun, GA, USA

Feb 262017

200

My car seems like it wants to die (and does die when I use the fob to start it) when it is started and when it is running....last Sunday (2-26-17) my car began to sputter and vibrate. My car barely had any acceleration and it was hesitating as if it was trying to shift gears. I took it to a mechanic shop the next day and they replace 4 sparkplugs. Another test was redone, the engine light stayed off and all seemed well. After about 30 miles began to sputter yet the vibrating was not as bad; still hesitation and not wanting to accelerate. Wednesday, my fob would not start my car. Sometimes it will start the car but the car shuts itself off before I can get in. My engine light is back on and I am not sure what is wrong. The mechanic wants to start replacing one coil at a time. He also said this type of problem should not be happening with a 2015. (my car flooded in August 2016 and I purchased this Chrysler on September 17, 2016)

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

Oct 022015

200

Car shuts down completely during driving. No brakes steering or anything. Someone is going to die in this car. Dealer can't fix problems. Will just happen.

- Clarksburg, WV, USA