7.0

$3,500

2. replace door panels (2 reports)
2016 Dodge Charger accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Dodge Charger:

2016 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Jul 192019

Charger SXT 3.6L V6

Bought this Charger off a Chevrolet (dealer), (or should I say "rescued" it ?) after my 2010 Charger lost a misunderstanding with a Yukon, and the rear end was pretty much ripped off (I stopped, she did not). It was a Rottweiler vs Chihuahua type of deal (4 tons vs 2 tons).

The local dealer let me take it home for the weekend, and my wife noticed that the window was "funny shaped".

Finalized the deal on Monday, and then did a really close inspection of the car. She was right ! The passenger side was almost completely separated at the top of the door, and the driver side was trying to catch up. Asked the dealer (remember he was Chevrolet), and he reminded me that it had a 36,000 mile/36 month warranty. I tried to find the original seller, no luck, so, I questioned a Dodge website about the situation. It's a week later and still no word from Dodge.

I love this car, but, I am not going to pay what others were quoted! It is a known problem, and Dodge should make good on it and FIX IT !

Noticed on a Charger owners' website that some one posted about using double sided 3M tape to fix this problem. Haven't tried that, but, it just might work.

- Tommy B., Zwolle, LA, US

Jun 012019

Charger SXT 3.2L V6

The door panels are warping on the front driver side and front passenger side. Need to know how to resolve this issue.

- Craig H., Largo, FL, US

Jun 292019

Charger RT 5.7L

Due to mileage neither the dealer or Dodge customer service volunteer to assist. Three years and the interior door panels start to separate!! There is no recall on this problem but clearly it is common. It's all over the internet how can Dodge ignore this? This is pitiful workmanship and horrible customer service!

- Allen F., Lawrenceville, US

Dec 132018

Charger LX

Door panels warped on my 2016 Dodge Charger on both the driver side front and rear doors. I can believe this happened to a fairly new vehicle. Any suggestions on how to get it fixed or if Dodge can help?

- Alberto O., Laredo, US

Jul 182018

Charger R/T 5.7L V8

At the time of the problem, I had only owned the car for about 1 year and 6 months. Outrageous how the dealer wants me to pay around $2200 for both the front panels + the installation for a car that is still considered new. My other vehicles that are 18 years old does not even have these kind of problem with the door panels.

- Jose R., Victorville, CA, US

Jul 072018

Charger RT 5.7L

This is really unsatisfactory, this car is 2 years old!!!!!

- Sandra S., Tucson, AZ, US