2016 Dodge Charger accessories - interior problems: door panels are warping

Door Panels Are Warping

2016 Dodge Charger

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Dodge dealer.

7.1

$3,500

2. replace door panels (4 reports)
2016 Dodge Charger accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Dodge Charger:

2016 Dodge Charger Owner Comments

Aug 012020

Charger RT Hemi

Looks like thousands of others are dealing with the Charger interior door panel issue. I should not be forced to spend a dime to replace door panels on a vehicle 4 years old w/ 30,000 miles. If this doesn't get repaired on their dime this will be my last Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep. I am sad that I traded in my trouble free Toyota Tundra (240,000 miles). I bought American and now I expect Dodge to make this right.

- J.R. B., California, MD, US

Aug 012019

Charger Road And Track 5.7L

Love my 2016 Charger! However, I found out that the quality of workmanship / materials is lousy! Both driver side door panels warped to the point that they were coming out of the window frame. The driver door first, which was covered (almost not) under warranty. The back driver door happened about six months later and is NOT covered under warranty. The Dodge dealer was trying not to warranty the panel, saying that it was due to customer abuse! As it turns out, the webpage was only on the "SUN SIDE" of the car, meaning that it was due to heat through the windows. The passenger side is still perfect, as it does not get sun very often, due to the way it is parked, every day. This is quality and accountability at its worst! These panels should be recalled and fixed for free!

- Kurt G., Oroville, CA, US

Aug 012018

Charger RT 5.7L Hemi

I bought car at a Chevy place (big mistake when you are buying a Dodge.) Went back to them showed them what was going on. They couldn't help me past warranty. Went to the Dodge place 10 miles away and the only thing they would do was order me new ones and I pay for them. But per them they would be on back order. So this is telling me Dodge is having a problem with them. My driver side is really bad and passenger side is starting to get worse. I feel Dodge should replace these as its a malfunction on their part. My brother who is a body shop guy looked at it and he said there was no way to fix it, needed to be replaced as you couldn't glue it or use tacks. His boss said same thing and they work for a Dodge body shop. So are we supposed to have paid nice money for a car we love and have the doors screwed up & its not due to anything we did?

- rodie, Hoisington, US

Jul 192019

Charger SXT 3.6L V6

Bought this Charger off a Chevrolet (dealer), (or should I say "rescued" it ?) after my 2010 Charger lost a misunderstanding with a Yukon, and the rear end was pretty much ripped off (I stopped, she did not). It was a Rottweiler vs Chihuahua type of deal (4 tons vs 2 tons).

The local dealer let me take it home for the weekend, and my wife noticed that the window was "funny shaped".

Finalized the deal on Monday, and then did a really close inspection of the car. She was right ! The passenger side was almost completely separated at the top of the door, and the driver side was trying to catch up. Asked the dealer (remember he was Chevrolet), and he reminded me that it had a 36,000 mile/36 month warranty. I tried to find the original seller, no luck, so, I questioned a Dodge website about the situation. It's a week later and still no word from Dodge.

I love this car, but, I am not going to pay what others were quoted! It is a known problem, and Dodge should make good on it and FIX IT !

Noticed on a Charger owners' website that some one posted about using double sided 3M tape to fix this problem. Haven't tried that, but, it just might work.

- Tommy B., Zwolle, LA, US

Jun 012019

Charger SXT 3.2L V6

The door panels are warping on the front driver side and front passenger side. Need to know how to resolve this issue.

- Craig H., Largo, FL, US

Jun 292019

Charger RT 5.7L

Due to mileage neither the dealer or Dodge customer service volunteer to assist. Three years and the interior door panels start to separate!! There is no recall on this problem but clearly it is common. It's all over the internet how can Dodge ignore this? This is pitiful workmanship and horrible customer service!

- Allen F., Lawrenceville, US

Dec 132018

Charger LX

Door panels warped on my 2016 Dodge Charger on both the driver side front and rear doors. I can believe this happened to a fairly new vehicle. Any suggestions on how to get it fixed or if Dodge can help?

- Alberto O., Laredo, US

Jul 182018

Charger R/T 5.7L V8

At the time of the problem, I had only owned the car for about 1 year and 6 months. Outrageous how the dealer wants me to pay around $2200 for both the front panels + the installation for a car that is still considered new. My other vehicles that are 18 years old does not even have these kind of problem with the door panels.

- Jose R., Victorville, CA, US

Jul 072018

Charger RT 5.7L

This is really unsatisfactory, this car is 2 years old!!!!!

- Sandra S., Tucson, AZ, US