- April 13: Chrysler and Dodge Lawsuit Claims Valve Stems Break news | 10 days ago
- March 4: Dodge Dart Clutch Issues at Heart of Lawsuit news | 50 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler TPMS Valve Stem Lawsuit Continues in Delaware news | 52 days ago
- February 14: Jeep Wranglers and Dodge Grand Caravans May Roll Away recalls | 68 days ago
Dodge Recall : Chassis Tie Rods
1999 Dodge Ram 2500
If this condition remains undetected, the bolt can eventually unseat completely, causing the affected wheel to disengage from the steering mechanism, possibly resulting in a crash.
Steering — Linkages — Tie Rod Assembly
- Affinia is recalling 5,700 aftermarket chassis tie rod assemblies manufactured from March 28, 2006 through March 17, 2008, sold for use on MY 1998 and 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 heavy duty trucks. The dust seal supplied with the chassis tie rods were manufactured to the wrong specification. As a consequence, the dust seal may prevent the ball stud of the chassis tie rod from properly seating into the taper of the vehicle steering knuckle during aftermarket installation.
- Affinia will notify owners and replace the affected chassis tie rod assemblies free of charge. The recall is expected to begin during April 2008. Owners may contact affinia at 734-827-5400.
Click a tab for more information.