- January 29: Chrysler Uconnect Hacking Lawsuit Headed For Trial news | 19 days ago
- January 24: Chrysler Active Head Restraint System Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 24 days ago
- January 13: Chrysler Tire Valve Stem Class-Action Lawsuit Partially Dismissed news | 35 days ago
- January 10: FCA Recalls 1.6 Million Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 38 days ago
Dodge Recall : Chassis Tie Rods
1999 Dodge Ram 2500
If this condition remains undetected, the bolt can eventually unseat completely, causing the affected wheel to disengage from the steering mechanism, possibly resulting in a crash.
Steering — Linkages — Tie Rod Assembly
- Affinia is recalling 5,700 aftermarket chassis tie rod assemblies manufactured from March 28, 2006 through March 17, 2008, sold for use on MY 1998 and 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 and 3500 heavy duty trucks. The dust seal supplied with the chassis tie rods were manufactured to the wrong specification. As a consequence, the dust seal may prevent the ball stud of the chassis tie rod from properly seating into the taper of the vehicle steering knuckle during aftermarket installation.
- Affinia will notify owners and replace the affected chassis tie rod assemblies free of charge. The recall is expected to begin during April 2008. Owners may contact affinia at 734-827-5400.
Click a tab for more information.