CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 Ford Edge has a trend of the engine dying while driving, which is typically considered a safety issue.

Owners report the stalling while driving problem is caused by the throttle body needing replacement. The problem typically occurs at low mileage & so the issue has been covered under warranty -- although by now, the 2015 Edge is generally past the full warranty period.

4.7

2015 Ford Edge electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Ford Edge:

2015 Ford Edge Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jun 162019

Edge

I just purchased this 2015 Ford Edge sport eco in April 2019 from cowles dealership in woodbridge va. I recently stated issues with the electrical gear system. The vehicle was in park but three vehicle wouldn't start and gave a message that it wasn't on gear. I had bring it back to the dealership and pay for it to get fixed. The dealership mechanic and based on some reviews this is a common issue with this vehicle and other Ford with push start. Is this a recall?

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Jul 152019

Edge

My vehicle lost power while driving down the highway at 70mph. We had just left a scenic overview where the car had been shut off. Accelerated up a hill and drove for a few more miles on flat, straight roadway and the dash went black. The cruise control was on but not in use. Lost all power, however steering was responsive and brakes worked.. day temp ~85 degrees. Vehicle miles=48000. Steered to shoulder, put car in park and hit the ignition button. The car restarted. Called my local Ford dealership and was told that cars are so computerized now that they need to be rebooted occasionally and to call back of it continues to happen. Per cargurus site this has been an ongoing problem since 2009. Most consumers citing a defective throttle bottle assembly. What's it going to take to get this on a recall? this is a major defect. I am afraid to drive my vehicle. Zero confidence.

- Puyallup, WA, USA

Mar 312019

Edge

I have owned the vehicle for 9 months. 1st occurrence on 3/31/19, accelerating to merge on highway and vehicle shuddered, lost engine power and went into limp mode. I limped it home and after about 10 minutes I started the vehicle and it drove fine... until 2nd occurrence on 4/4/19... this time was driving about 35-40 mpg approaching an intersection when the vehicle lost all engine power and I coasted to the stop light, put in park, shut off vehicle and restarted... it then drove normally. I have been lucky twice. The 1st occurrence was scary as I was just getting on the highway with cars approaching me from behind very quickly not knowing that I could only go about 20mph. The 2nd occurrence I was very lucky to have gotten a red light just as I was coasting to the intersection. At this point I don't trust my vehicle and am scared to drive it knowing that at any time, I may lose power and not be so lucky. I have had zero problems for 9 months and now 2 of these issues in 5 days... what's next?

- Ankeny, IA, USA

Dec 162018

Edge

Takara recall I have had continuous issues with my 2015 Edge with the doors becoming ajar. The first time I was stuck in below zero conditions, without being able to have my heart on close my doors or lock them. If that wasnt enough, I had to call a tow truck because my car battery died as a result of being able to close the doors. This has happened countless times and now again I have another issue but the lift gate is ajar. This time however the car is still driving. How can Ford not recall this? you say it isn't a safety issue but I could have froze to death, been seriously injured when I'm driving and the door suddenly flies open. Correct this. I will end up filing a lawsuit if anything happens again. I just bought this car a year ago. You cannot justify a $40,000 car not being able to open or close my doors or trunk. Get it figured out or I will be contacting someone who will. I've been in support of Ford since I was 16. You're about to loose a valuable customer and I'm about to spread the word how Ford cant stand behind their vehicles.

- Bloomingdale, IL, USA

Dec 102018

Edge

When driving my vehicle, the rpms sky rocket but won┐T change. It's not shifting gears as an automatic is supposed to. Also, the engine has been making a weird noise on and off and when we took it in, they turned it on and pressed the gas and said it was fine. Never had it on record or anything. The fuel pump went out about 23K and now the car is having the same issue at 50K with the fuel pump or the same symptoms as it did before having the car lunge forward or vibrate.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Dec 022018

Edge

I was driving, slower and turned left and full accessory power off showed up on the panel and my car died. I quickly put on my flashers and coasted to the side of the road, just in time from getting rear ended by another vehicle making the turn. I turned off the car and waited a couple of minutes and restarted the car.

- Batavia, IL, USA

Aug 252018

Edge

Just over a month after purchase, moonroof began to malfunction. It would open, but not close. Vehicle was stationary in a parking lot.

- State College, PA, USA

Aug 042018

Edge

While driving my vehicle between 45 and 60 mph on city streets and rural highways, received a message on my screen stating "the usb device is consuming excessive power. It may not work correctly with sync."; but, this is the same device I've been using plugged into the same usb port ever since I bought this vehicle on 07/07/15. I couldn't get this message to clear; but, soon afterwards this message appeared "navigation fault. Please see the touchscreen" and the touchscreen showed this message "insert nav sd card"; but, my nav sd card which is an A8 was inserted. Soon after this message appeared the screen went completely dark before it began "performing scheduled system maintenance". my vehicle was originally in the shop for this same issue on 07/19, 08/02 and 08/04. During the 07/19 visit the following corrective actions were taken by the dealership: S154 diag, power reset and apim update to software level 15128. Follow-up visit 08/02 included the following corrective actions by the dealership: S154 diag, apim power reset and master reset. Will have to wait until Monday, 08/07 to hear back from the dealership regarding recommended actions to resolve this ongoing issue.

- Warr Acres, OK, USA

Jul 242018

Edge

My car has lost all power while driving multiple times. The dash says "full power accessory active". I have to put the car in park and restart it. The last time I was driving 60 mph on a busy highway so this could have been a very dangerous situation especially if I was somewhere that didn't have a an area for me to pull over or had I been stuck in the middle lane! this needs to be recalled immediately!

- Moore, OK, USA

Jul 182018

Edge

The electrical system including part of the dashboard as well as the viewing screen, radio, clock, navigation, front/rear cameras, climate control and telephone pairing are frequently resetting while in use showing a message that the system is undergoing routine scheduled maintenance; however, this is occurring much too frequently.

- Warr Acres, OK, USA

Apr 112018

Edge

We had had a problem for over a year.the ac makes loud noises and cuts out and stops working it will speed up slow down with no touching.the bluetooth doesn't work properly and the phone doesn't sink or drops calls.the check engine light comes on!!!!we first took to our local dealership kelly Ford im melbourne they couldn't get it to fail.gave us the car back and were rude, my wife called customer care and made a complaint and nothing was done.we then sent videos of the issues. To the dealership we bought from which is 2 hours drive South of else delrare Ford.we drove there and showed the sales manager and service manager the car in the failed condition as we didnt shut car off and pulled into the service station after again sending text of videos on our drive down of the failing.they kept the car for over 5 days and again said they couldnt get it to fail when they restarted later.we were furious.we have again had to continue to drive this car paying almost $400 a month and no one will fix...or give us another car.its a lease.we phoned customer care again they gave us a case number and said contact palm bay Ford and quote the case number if they didnt not fix the car or give a replacement until it was fixed we could end the lease early. The car has stalled while driving.the ac and fan vibrate so load and go from super fast to slow and then shuts off all while driving.we are scared to drive!!!!

- West Melbourne, FL, USA

May 252016

Edge

The vista roof is slow to close and will reopen mid close with out warning. Ford has looked at it and said it was a lube problem and keep lubing the track but it keeps happening.

- Lewiston, ME, USA

Jan 152018

Edge

The driver's side ┐door ajar┐ light and chime go off when the door is correctly shut. The doors will not lock. If left to ring it will drain the battery because interior lights will not turn off. It is necessary to stop car, put into park, and slam the door multiple times. It happens everytime the door must be shut.

- Nocona, TX, USA

Mar 082016

Edge 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2015 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced a complete loss of power and took numerous attempts to restart the dealer diagnosed that the software needed to be reset. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred approximately five times. The "service the advancetrak" and "see manual" messages illuminated. The manufacturer was notified of the failure a Ford inspector inspected the vehicle and stated that the failure could not be replicated failure mileage was approximately 5,849. Updated

- Fairmont, WV, USA

Mar 062017

Edge

Reverse aid camera randomly turns on while the car is in motion. When this happens the transmission appears to lurch as if the traction control system is adjusting the spin of the front tires. We have had this into the dealership multiple times and they have even replaced the camera and the issue still happens. We are concerned that the transmission may fail to operate normally under load when attempting to accelerate.

- Whitehall, OH, USA

Jan 182017

Edge

Extensive water damage. Water is leaking into the car from an unknown area causing puddling on the driver side floor. Water can be heard swishing from underneath the car. A notice was sent to dealers to fix the issue before the cars were sold, it appears that they did not fix the issue prior to selling me the car and is now refusing to pay to fix it due to the fact that I am over the warranty period.

- Thousand Oaks, CA, USA

Jan 232017

Edge

While travelling on interstate 93, my 2015 Ford Edge displayed a warning notice on the dashboard that read "full accessory power active." After selecting "ok" to acknowledge the warning, the vehicle lost all power and was rendered immobile. The car came to a complete stop on the highway in the middle of rush hour traffic. The vehicle was shifted into park and attempts were made to restart it. The vehicle successfully restarted and the commute was completed. This issue must be corrected immediately. It poses an serious threat to the health and safety of the general public.

- Wilmington, MA, USA

Jul 122016

Edge

Electronic throttle body failure. Vehicle lost all engine power and entered limp mode at 70 mph on highway. Warning lights came on & no notice given. Had to immediately pull over to side of highway. Nearly lost control of vehicle and almost crashed. Dealer stated the electronic throttle body failed and deemed car unfit/unsafe for travel on the road. Left vehicle at Ford dealer to replace throttle body.

- Frederick, MD, USA

Jul 292016

Edge

The contact owns a 2015 Ford Edge. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced a loss of power. The check manual and engine warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that a ground cable was loose and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the vehicle experienced a loss of power. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the throttle was defective and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 10,000.

- Kirkwood, MO, USA

Jul 012016

Edge

Driving down major highway. Car engine lurched and then suddenly lost all acceleration power. Had to coast to a stop by side of highway. Engine continued running very roughly. No acceleration or ability to drive. Dealership deemed it a electronic throttle body failure.

- Culpeper, VA, USA