- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 14 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 16 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 23 days ago
- March 12: Ford Tire Recall Affects F-150, F-250, F-350, Escape recalls | 30 days ago
- March 12: Ford Recalls 2.9 Million Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 30 days ago
Ford TSB #SSM 46085
2015 Ford Edge
Affected Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:EXHAUST SYSTEM:MANIFOLD/HEADER/MUFFLER/TAIL PIPE
- The Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual has been revised for diagnosing electronic throttle bodies (ETBs). The ETC_ACT and ETC_DSD PIDs should not used to diagnose possible ETB concerns. The IDS has a limited refresh rate when reading these PIDs and cannot display quickly enough to validate a concern. The PCM automatically monitors these inputs more accurately and will set diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) when appropriate. Using these PIDs for diagnostics will lead to inaccurate results and improper ETB replacements. If a concern is intermittent and no DTCs are present, refer to historical DTCs and the PC/ED, Section 3 No DTCs Present Index chart for further information.
Click a tab for more information.