- May 9: Ford Explorer Recall Includes Nearly 617,000 Vehicles recalls | 1 days ago
- April 27: Ford Mustang Transmission Lawsuit Survives news | 13 days ago
- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 43 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 45 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 52 days ago
Ford TSB #SSM 47265
2015 Ford Edge
Affected Component: ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
- Some Ford and Lincoln vehicles equipped with a 2.7L or 3.0L EcoBoost engines may exhibit an oil leak from the engine oil pan RTV seal. Replace the oil pan by performing the published Workshop Manual (WSM) service procedures. After removing the oil pan, it is suggested to allow the crankcase to drain overnight to minimize the chance of residual oil contaminating the crankcase sealing rail. Remove all traces of old RTV, clean the engine sealing surface with only Motorcraftù Metal Brake Parts Cleaner then wipe with Motorcraftù Metal Surface Prep Wipes, and allow to air dry as directed in WSM, Section 303-00, RTV Sealing Surface Cleaning and Preparation. If possible, after the new oil pan is installed, allow the new RTV sealant to cure for 4 hours before refilling the engine with oil. Ford is investigating this concern. Monitor OASIS for future updates.
Click a tab for more information.