- March 28: Ford EcoBoost Engine Problems Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 18 days ago
- March 26: Ford Edge Rattling Noise Lawsuit Blames Flexplates news | 20 days ago
- March 19: Ford Recalls 2020 Explorers and Lincoln Aviators recalls | 27 days ago
- March 12: Ford Tire Recall Affects F-150, F-250, F-350, Escape recalls | 34 days ago
- March 12: Ford Recalls 2.9 Million Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 34 days ago
Ford TSB #SSM 47576
2015 Ford Edge
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT
- Some 2015-2018 Edge vehicles equipped with a 2.0L EcoBoost engine may exhibit a rattle noise at idle. This may be due to a flexplate crack around the crankshaft. To resolve this concern, verify that the flexplate is cracked around the crankshaft using the inspection plate and a mirror. If the flexplate is cracked, replace the transmission fluid pump, flexplate, flexplate bolts and torque converter. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 303-01A and 307-01. When replacing the torque converter, ensure that the torque converter pilot hub is lubricated with Multi-Purpose Grease XL-5-A (ESB-M1C930-B) prior to reassembly. For claiming, use causal part 6375 and applicable labor operations in Section 06 of the Service Labor Time Standards (SLTS) Manual.
Click a tab for more information.