- October 15: Ford MPG Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Economy Ratings Are Wrong news | 1 days ago
- October 4: Ford Escapes Added to Seatback Recliner Recall recalls | 12 days ago
- October 4: 2020 Ford Explorer Recalled For Wiring Harness Problems recalls | 12 days ago
- October 4: Ford F-Series Super Duty Trucks Recalled For Axle Problems recalls | 12 days ago
- September 18: Ford Explorer Police Interceptor Exhaust Leak Lawsuit Dismissed news | 28 days ago
Ford Recall 16C14: Software Affecting Stability Control/FMVSS 126,135
2016 Ford Edge
If the operator is not warned of an ABS or ESC malfunction and the ESC loses engine torque control, there would be an increased risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Antilock
Electronic Stability Control
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2015-2016 Ford Edge vehicles manufactured February 9, 2015, to August 12, 2016. During dealer servicing, the affected vehicles may be have been updated with incorrect Antilock Brake System (ABS) and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) software. This software can cause the ESC system to lose engine torque control, and not provide any warning lamps to warn the driver if there was an ABS or ESC system malfunction. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 126, "Electronic Stability Control Systems" and number 135, "Light Vehicle Brake Systems."
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the ABS module, and update the service software, free of charge. The recall begin November 22, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16C14.
- Documents (12)
- Media Correspondence
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - October 10, 2016 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD Compliance Recall 16C14
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-1
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)/TSB - October 27, 2016 SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD Compliance Recall 16C14 - Supplement #1
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 126, 135
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- ISSUED Renotification Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2016-4
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.