2018 Ford Edge lights problems: condensation in rear lights/reflector

Condensation In Rear Lights/Reflector

2018 Ford Edge

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.

4.0

1. replaced rear reflector (1 reports)
2018 Ford Edge lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2018 Ford Edge:

2018 Ford Edge Owner Comments

Apr 002018

Edge SEL AWD 4 cyl

click to see larger images

condensation in rear lights/reflector condensation in rear lights/reflector condensation in rear lights/reflector condensation in rear lights/reflector

I purchased my Ford Edge April 2018. I noticed after a car wash or rain, my back lights look like someone filled them with water! After taking the Ford Edge to the dealer on June 14th, the dealer Hertrich Ford in Easton, they replaced the reflector only and it still gets lots of condensation! Before I purchased a car I thought it would only be right to purchase an AMERICAN auto! I like the car,$34000 a lot of money, you would think it would be better than a Japanese auto which is less expensive! Going back to the dealer with the same complaint, they told me all Ford Edges of that year get condensation in the back lamps and reflector. People this is not normal. The dealer is telling me this can't be corrected, its normal Ford tells them! For a car this expensive don't you think that his could be corrected. So when my warranty is up I would have to deal with shorts in my back lights and a dull reflector. There are other complaints on this auto which I will address later, lets see if they are corrected or if the dealer is going to charge me for the correction or give me another song and dance from FORD.

Update from May 7, 2019: Took my car to the Ford dealer for a recall , than the service rep. says there is lots of water in your back reflector thank you Ford they replaced the reflector covered by warrantee .

- jdhappyman, Chester, MD, US