- January 20: Ford Super Duty Power Tailgates Keep Opening investigations | 1 days ago
- January 8: Ford F-150 Oil Consumption Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 13 days ago
- December 28: Ford Recalls EcoSports and Transit Connects Over Airbags recalls | 24 days ago
- December 24: Ford Door Latch Settlement Receives Final Approval news | 28 days ago
- December 22: Ford Explorer, Lincoln Aviator Recalled For Motor Mounts recalls | 30 days ago
Ford Recall 18S25: Alternator And Starter Cables May Be Loose
2018 Ford Edge
An electrical arc can increase the risk of a fire.
Electrical System — Alternator/Generator/Regulator
Electrical System — Starter Assembly
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2018 Ford Edge, Lincoln MKX, 2019 Ford Flex, and Lincoln MKT vehicles. The power supply cables at the starter and the alternator may not have been properly secured, possibly resulting in an electrical arc.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the alternator and starter motor power supply cables to verify that they are properly secured, correcting them as necessary, free of charge. The recall began September 26, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18S25.
- Documents (15)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD – Advance Notice - Safety Recall 18S25 Certain 2018 Edge and MKX, and 2019 Flex and MKT Vehicles Generator and Starter Motor Cable Nuts
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Miscellaneous Document - Ford Media Center Aug 22, 2018 - FORD ISSUES TWO SAFETY RECALLS IN NORTH AMERICA
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- August 30,2018 TO: All U.S. Ford and Lincoln Dealers NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD -Safety Recall 18S25 Certain 2018 Edge and MKX, and 2019 Flex and MKT Vehicles - Generator and Starter Motor Cable Nuts
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 1
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 2
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-3
- ISSUED Renotification Notice - March 2019
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2018-4
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2019-4
Click a tab for more information.