- January 22: Ford Soft Brake Pedal Recall Closes Investigation investigations | 2 days ago
- January 21: Ford and Mazda To Recall More Takata Airbag Inflators news | 3 days ago
- January 20: Ford Super Duty Power Tailgates Keep Opening investigations | 4 days ago
- January 8: Ford F-150 Oil Consumption Issues Cause Lawsuit news | 16 days ago
- December 28: Ford Recalls EcoSports and Transit Connects Over Airbags recalls | 27 days ago
Ford Recall 18C06: Incorrect Length Of Door Striker Bolts/FMVSS 206
2018 Ford Edge
If the doors open in the event of a crash, there is an increased risk of injury.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Doors — Latch
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2018 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX vehicles. These vehicles may have door striker bolts that are shorter than intended. Vehicles with shorter door striker bolts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 206, "Door Locks and Door Retention Components" potentially resulting in the doors opening in the event of a crash.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the door striker bolts, free of charge. The recall began October 18, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18C06.
- Documents (11)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Compliance Recall 18C06 Certain 2018 Model Year Edge and MKX Vehicles Incorrect Door Striker Bolts
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD – ADVANCE NOTICE Compliance Recall 18C06 - Certain 2018 Model Year Edge and MKX Vehicles - Incorrect Door Striker Bolts
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 206
- Miscellaneous Document - Ford Media Center - FORD ISSUES SAFETY RECALL IN NORTH AMERICA FOR SELECT 2018 FORD EDGE AND LINCOLN MKX VEHICLES FOR DOOR STRIKER BOLTS
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-4
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-4
Click a tab for more information.