- November 24: Ford Cracked Fuel Injector Recall Issued After Fires recalls | 14 days ago
- November 18: Ford F-150 Windshield Wiper Recall Issued Over Motors recalls | 20 days ago
- November 14: Ford 3G Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Modems Are Outdated news | 24 days ago
- November 10: Rearview Camera Problems Cause Ford Bronco Recall recalls | 28 days ago
- October 31: Free Ford Bronco Driveshaft Replacements Under Program 22B27 news | 38 days ago
Ford Recall 18C06: Incorrect Length Of Door Striker Bolts/FMVSS 206
2018 Ford Edge
If the doors open in the event of a crash, there is an increased risk of injury.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Doors — Latch
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2018 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX vehicles. These vehicles may have door striker bolts that are shorter than intended. Vehicles with shorter door striker bolts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 206, "Door Locks and Door Retention Components" potentially resulting in the doors opening in the event of a crash.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the door striker bolts, free of charge. The recall began October 18, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18C06.
- Documents (11)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD - Compliance Recall 18C06 Certain 2018 Model Year Edge and MKX Vehicles Incorrect Door Striker Bolts
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - SUBJECT: NEW VEHICLE DEMONSTRATION / DELIVERY HOLD – ADVANCE NOTICE Compliance Recall 18C06 - Certain 2018 Model Year Edge and MKX Vehicles - Incorrect Door Striker Bolts
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 206
- Miscellaneous Document - Ford Media Center - FORD ISSUES SAFETY RECALL IN NORTH AMERICA FOR SELECT 2018 FORD EDGE AND LINCOLN MKX VEHICLES FOR DOOR STRIKER BOLTS
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2018-4
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2019-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2019-2
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2019-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2019-4
Click a tab for more information.