- January 19: Ford F-150 10-Speed Transmission Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 2 days ago
- January 11: Gear Box Z Lawsuit Filed By The U.S. Government news | 10 days ago
- January 5: Ford Truck Tailgate Recall Satisfies Federal Investigators investigations | 16 days ago
- December 26: Ford Door Latch Recall Investigated As Doors Keep Opening investigations | 26 days ago
- December 22: Ford Soft Brake Pedal Recall Issued For 600,000 Vehicles recalls | 30 days ago
Ford Recall 18C06: Incorrect Length Of Door Striker Bolts/FMVSS 206
2018 Ford Edge
If the doors open in the event of a crash, there is an increased risk of injury.
Latches/Locks/Linkages — Doors — Latch
- Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain 2018 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX vehicles. These vehicles may have door striker bolts that are shorter than intended. Vehicles with shorter door striker bolts fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 206, "Door Locks and Door Retention Components" potentially resulting in the doors opening in the event of a crash.
- Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the door striker bolts, free of charge. The recall began October 18, 2018. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 18C06.
Click a tab for more information.