- August 8: Ford F-150 Doors Won't Latch Closed in the Cold: Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- August 7: 1.4 Million Ford F-150 Trucks Investigated for B-Pillar Fires investigations | 7 days ago
- August 6: Ford Emissions Lawsuit Says Power Stroke Engines Illegal news | 8 days ago
- July 24: Ford Shelby GT350 Lawsuit Gains Traction in Florida news | 21 days ago
- July 23: Ford Explorer Carbon Monoxide Concerns Heard in Court news | 22 days ago
Ford Recall : Front Wheel Bearing Has Wrong Dimensions
2006 Ford Escape
Use of an incorrectly sized wheel bearing can adversely affect the braking and steering of the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash.
Suspension — Front — Wheel Bearing
- The Timken Company (Timken) is recalling certain aftermarket front wheel bearings, part number 510072, sold from January 22, 2015, to May 21, 2015, to be used as service parts on 2001-2012 Ford Escape, 2001-2011 Mazda Tribute, and 2005-2011 Mercury Mariner vehicles. The affected wheel bearings have incorrect dimensions of a 42mm bore, 76mm outer dimension, and 39mm width, instead of a 42mm bore, 78mm outer dimension and a 45mm width.
- Timken has begun notifying distributors who will offer purchasers replacement wheel bearings, free of charge. The recall began on May 21, 2015. Owners may contact Timken customer service at 1-866-984-6536.
- Documents (10)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q2
- Other Recall Related Documents
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q3
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Missing Quarterly Report Notice
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2016-2
Click a tab for more information.