- October 16: Ford F-250 and F-350 Tailgates Opening Without Warning investigations | 3 days ago
- October 12: Ford F-150 Brake Pedals Go to the Floors: Lawsuit news | 7 days ago
- October 10: Ford GT Recall Issued After Car Catches Fire recalls | 9 days ago
- October 10: Ford Fiesta and Focus Owners in Thailand Win PowerShift Case news | 9 days ago
- October 7: Ford Water Pump Class-Action Lawsuit Says Engines Fail news | 12 days ago
Ford Recall 10C12: Park Rod Guide Retension Pin
2010 Ford Escape
A vehicle parked without an engaged park pawl and without an applied parking brake may have unintended movement which may cause a crash.
Power Train — Automatic Transmission
- Ford is recalling certain model year 2010 Fusion, Milan, and Escape vehicles manufactured from February 27, through March 26, 2010. The park rod guide retention pin may not have been properly installed which fails to conform to the requirement of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 114, "theft protection and rollaway prevention".
- Ford will notify owners and dealers will repair the vehicles free of charge. The safety recall began on May 28, 2010. Owners may contact Ford Motor Company customer relationship center at 1-866-436-7332 and for the hearing impaired call 1-800-232-5952 (tdd). Representatives are available Monday through Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.