- September 24: Ford Shifter Bushing Recall Class Action Lawsuit Dismissed news | 4 days ago
- September 23: Ford EcoSport Engine and Oil Pump Problems Investigated investigations | 5 days ago
- September 19: Ford Focus Recall Investigated For Canister Purge Valves investigations | 9 days ago
- September 15: Ford Transmission Recall Includes E-350, F-650 and F-750 recalls | 13 days ago
- September 5: Ford Truck Fuel Pump Problems Lead to Class Action Lawsuit news | 23 days ago
Check Engine Light
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 31,600 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 18 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (14 reports)
- replaced wiring harness (2 reports)
- replace turbocharger (1 reports)
- replaced sensor (1 reports)