- June 30: Ford Windshield Recall Includes Broncos and Rangers recalls | 6 days ago
- June 27: Ford F-150 Lightning Recall Issued Over Tire Pressure Values recalls | 9 days ago
- June 20: Electric Vehicle Emergency Response Guides Improving: NTSB news | 16 days ago
- June 19: Ford Mustang Mach-E SUVs Losing Drive Power: Recall recalls | 17 days ago
- June 19: Ford Bronco Recall Issued For Child Safety Locks recalls | 17 days ago
2013 Ford Escape
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
2013 Ford Escape Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Engine Stalls/Shuts Down While Driving45
- At Idle Or Low Rpm The Engine Bucks And Stalls18
- Check Engine Light18
- Engine Failure12
- Fluids Leaking5
- Engine Fire4
- Loss Of Power While Driving4
- Unintended Acceleration4
- Loud Noise From Engine2
- Turbo Failure2
- Vibrates When Accelerating2
- Ecoboost Engine Not Powerful Enough1
- Oil Level Has Increased1
- Poor Engine Oil Dipstick Design1
- NHTSA: Engine1076
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control77
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling57
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Oil/Lubrication: Oil ...1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.