- May 19: Ford Recalls EcoSports in U.S. Federalized Territories recalls | 6 days ago
- May 18: Ford Recalls F-650 and F-750 Due To Parking Brake Cables recalls | 7 days ago
- May 14: Bosch Power Steering Bolts Cause Recalls recalls | 11 days ago
- May 2: Ford Transit Trailer Tow Module Recall Expanded recalls | 23 days ago
- April 22: Ford Fusion and Mercury Milan Soft Brake Pedals Investigated investigations | 33 days ago
2013 Ford Escape
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
2013 Ford Escape Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Engine Stalls/Shuts Down While Driving37
- Check Engine Light18
- At Idle Or Low Rpm The Engine Bucks And Stalls11
- Engine Failure6
- Engine Fire4
- Loss Of Power While Driving4
- Unintended Acceleration3
- Fluids Leaking2
- Loud Noise From Engine2
- Vibrates When Accelerating2
- Ecoboost Engine Not Powerful Enough1
- Oil Level Has Increased1
- Poor Engine Oil Dipstick Design1
- NHTSA: Engine404
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control45
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling14
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.