- October 16: Ford F-250 and F-350 Tailgates Opening Without Warning investigations | 7 days ago
- October 12: Ford F-150 Brake Pedals Go to the Floors: Lawsuit news | 11 days ago
- October 10: Ford GT Recall Issued After Car Catches Fire recalls | 13 days ago
- October 10: Ford Fiesta and Focus Owners in Thailand Win PowerShift Case news | 13 days ago
- October 7: Ford Water Pump Class-Action Lawsuit Says Engines Fail news | 16 days ago
2013 Ford Escape
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
2013 Ford Escape Miscellaneous Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
Stay Up to Date
Compare Ford Escape Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Escape compares to other years?
Check out our Ford Escape overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Escape.