- January 23: Ford Recalls 328,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbags recalls | 0 days ago
- January 18: Senators Have Questions About Ford Ranger Driver Deaths From Airbags news | 5 days ago
- January 14: Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duty Emissions Lawsuit Filed news | 9 days ago
- January 11: Takata Recall: Stop Driving Your 2006 Ford Ranger recalls | 12 days ago
- January 4: Ford Coolant Leak Recall to Begin Soon recalls | 19 days ago
NHTSA — Wheels Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Ford Escape has been in the news quite a bit and for all the wrong reasons. Within a few months of its release the SUV was recalled three times, twice because of engine fires.
In July 2012, due to a fuel line that could split and leak, Ford told owners to park their cars because even driving to the dealership for repairs was deemed too dangerous. Instead, in a somewhat unprecedented move, Ford sent tow trucks to pick up the affected vehicles and handed out rental cars while the owners waited for repairs.
A few months later the Escape was recalled again because antifreeze could leak out onto the engine due to a freeze plug becoming dislodged. As the coolant hit the hot engine there was, once again, a threat for fire.
The 2013 is the first model year of the Escape's 3rd generation and proves once again that you want to avoid the first model year when at all possible.
- Crashes / Fires:
- 1 / 0
- Injuries / Deaths:
- 0 / 0
- Average Mileage:
- 23,393 miles
About These NHTSA Complaints:
This data is from the NHTSA — the US gov't agency tasked with vehicle safety. Complaints are spread across multiple & redundant categories, & are not organized by problem.
So how do you find out what problems are occurring? For this NHTSA complaint data, the only way is to read through the comments below. Any duplicates or errors? It's not us.
wheels / hubs problem